Wednesday 2 December 2015

Homeward Bound! Blogmas 2015 - Day 2

Hello my lovelies,

Today has been a long day but it has been rather lovely. I finally got to have a little trip home so spent all morning on coaches travelling from Chester to Leicester. I've always preferred coach travel to train travel, I don't know why because I often feel incredibly ill on coaches. I think it's because I can just sit back and relax without having to worry about missing my stops. This morning's journey was rather wonderful though, I got to watch the sunrise and see how beautiful the winter countryside looks. It was the best way to start the day.


 My mother met me off the coach and right away we headed to Costa to meet up with my father for coffee. I can't stand coffee, but I am a fan of hot chocolate and mulled fruit so I love the Christmas menu this year. I had a delicious white hot chocolate with cream and cherry sauce but completely forgot to take a photo as I was busy catching up with my parents. It's always when I return home that I realise how much I miss my family while I am away. I've lived away from home for 5 years now, and have only really been home for Christmas, Easter and the start and end of summer since starting University. I think it's because of this that I'm choosing to head back home for my postgraduate study. I knew I didn't want to stay in Chester but I didn't want to go somewhere completely new. 

I've spent the majority of this afternoon prepping for tomorrow's interview however I did help my father get the tree and some decorations out of the attic ready for Christmas! Christmas is definitely my favourite time of year because I get to see everyone I love and have an old school good time with board games and chatting. I absolutely adore it! So much so that I spent all of last weekend and quite a bit of today with SmoothXmas playing while I worked away. 24 hour Christmas music? Yes please! Even when it isn't Christmas, I like to put up fairy lights and cute decorations just to add a bit of that Christmas magic.

A photo posted by Tamsin Rebecca (@tammybecks) on

I'm going to spend the rest of my evening curled up on the sofa watching crime TV, I hope you're enjoying your December so far and that this kind of blogging is something you are all enjoying! I'll try to get the missing posts up ASAP! 

Love you all!
T
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment