Friday 24 April 2015

Beatons Chester - Totally TasTEA

Hello my Lovelies! 

With blogging comes many wonderful opportunities to attend events, store opening and parties. I was recently invited to the brand new Beatons Tearooms in Chester (they've only just opened!) to a Bloggers High Tea and I thought this would be a lovely opportunity to share their deliciousness with you all. 

The location of the tearooms is simply stunning as it is right next to the bell tower with a view of the cathedral. It really is a beautiful spot, particularly in the sunshine, and I was so lucky that it was a beautifully sunny day when I went. I found it to be in a potentially brilliant spot as the bell ringers, tourists and daily shoppers will be able to find it with absolute ease. 



First impressions upon walking in to the tearooms had me smiling with delight. The decor is simply fabulous and consists of all my favourite colours; bright pink, white and black. My favourite part of the decor is quite possibly the chandeliers, which I have been told were put up by the staff themselves. They're simply stunning. Steve and his team have really done a great job. Another super adorable element to Beatons is that they're not just tearooms but also a bookshop, selling books written by local authors. There were really adorable areas of comfortable chairs around small tables where I could picture myself drinking tea and reading one of the house copies of a book.



Speaking of books, the whole reason I ended up at this event is due to being contacted by the wonderful Liz Jones, house poet. She and her beau treated us to readings of poetry from her very own book which contains poems all about tea. She also wrote the house poem for the Chester tearooms which is pictured below.



The menu is full of tasty treats however the most important part of the menu is quite possibly the huge selection of teas. From Red to Black, Herbal to White, even Oolong! There are so many to choose from however I had a taste of the specially created Dong Ding Oolong Tea which is a specialty for the Chester tearooms. I must admit, I'm always rather dubious about trying new teas however this one is especially delicious and I would highly recommend giving it a taste if you visit.



The high tea came with a huge selection of sandwiches and cakes, we were truly pampered! I must say, the sandwiches did not have my favourite fillings however I gave them a try and they were rather delicious. The choice of fillings included; cucumber, smoked salmon & cream cheese, ham & tomato relish and prawn mayonnaise. Surprisingly, my favourite option was the prawn mayonnaise and I'm really not a fan of prawns. I think it helped that the sandwiches were bite-sized so they did not overwhelm my taste-buds. 



The scones were absolutely delightful! I always love scones when they're freshly baked and, fortunately for Beatons customers, everything is made freshly in store. The scones we received were still warm and super fluffy, a quality I always desire when it comes down to scones. I usually prefer my scones with butter however they were not served with it, fortunately they were light enough not to need any. My favourite part of the high tea though, was definitely the cakes. The signature carrot cake is well worth a try and I don't think I've ever tasted such a sweet Victoria sponge. That said, my favourite cake was certainly the chocolate cake, super chocolaty and incredibly tasty I was very close to asking for a slice to myself!



If you are ever in Chester I would definitely recommend that you pop in and try the menu for yourself, you certainly will not be disappointed. If you like it just as much as I do, there's also the option for a loyalty card so that you may earn stamps.

Let me know if you get the chance to visit and do share you experiences. You can find Beatons on Twitter here or at their website and all of my own links are listed here. A huge thank you to Liz for the invitation to Beatons, I'll be back again soon!

Love you all!

T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment