Wednesday 3 December 2014

My Christmas Traditions - Blogmas 2014 Day 2

Hello my lovelies! 

Day 2 has arrived and I thought now would be a lovely time to talk about Christmas traditions. Personally, I have quite a few traditions in both the days leading up to and on Christmas day but there are some traditions I know of that I don't follow. If you guys have any traditions that are unusual or even if they're the same as my own, let me know down in the comments or via any of my social media links.

Advent Calendars

Now, I am a huge fan of chocolate, so advent calendars are possibly one of my most favourite Christmas things. This year I only have one calendar and it's a Cadbury dairy milk one with a cute picture of Santa sat in the fireplace surrounded by holiday goodies. For those of you who may not know about advent calendars, they are traditionally a 24 or 25 windowed item containing chocolate or treats. Not so long ago the calendars were mostly Christian and behind each door there would be a picture relating to the birth of Christ however these days the majority are not religious themed and you can even get beauty and fashion ones. I'm very much the kind of person who follows the tradition of opening the window corresponding with the date and I have been known to get highly offended when people don't stick to it and instead choose to gobble up all the goodies in one go.


Decorating the House

If you've read Day 1 you'll know that one of my favourite things about Christmas is the decorations that come with it. When I've been based at home throughout childhood I've helped to put up and decorate the tree and to decorate the house with tinsel and cute little Christmas touches. I just think that having a decorated home helps to get you in to the festive mood.

Board Games

Yep, my family love a good board game at Christmas time! Well, I say board game but sometimes it's Who's in the Bag or something that also has a DVD play along. Either way, I love getting the games out at Christmas as it means spending time as a family and just having good old fashioned fun.


Christmas Morning

I don't know what it's like for any of y'all but the tradition in my family is that no-one is allowed to go downstairs/in to the lounge (depends where we're having Christmas) until everyone in the house is awake and ready. Once everyone's up we go downstairs and the presents are placed in groups around the room. I'm always the first person to open presents as I'm the youngest and the most excited but now I'm a bit older, once we begin to get near the end of my stuff I let my family know they can open theirs too. Some time during the present opening my Dad will go off to the kitchen to prepare Bucks Fizz or Champagne as the first drink of the day and Bacon Sandwiches for breakfast. It usually begins to calm down a lot after this point and everyone relaxes or starts preparing for....

Christmas Dinner!

I'll be doing a whole post on this so I won't say too much but we do begin with pulling crackers and a light starter before a full roast turkey dinner and then dessert.

Chocolate Yule Log

This is going to be the last of this list as it's rather long (I may end up writing a part 2!) however this is one of the things - if not the main thing - I look forward to the most at Christmas time. I don't particularly like Christmas cake or pudding as I'm not a fan of fruit cake so we always get chocolate yule log and it is simply the most delicious chocolate cake ever! We tend to go through quite a few of them throughout December as I'll have some with lunch and dinner.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and please don't forget to leave a comment, share, +1, subscribe or get in touch with me via my social media links.

Love you all!

T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment